Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Although we didn't go up to the condo this year we had a lot of fun around here. We went to the Zoo on Saturday and joined a local pool, went to the pool on Sunday and Monday, also went to a Parade on Monday.

The trip to the Zoo was one for the record books as worst trip to the Zoo. We got stuck on the exit to the Zoo for about a half an hour. Then we were told to park behind a school, that was about a mile away from the zoo! We parked and got Kaitlyn out and in her stroller (only because we were going to have to walk a mile just to get to the zoo). Then we were told that the parking lot we were suppose to park in was across the street. Bryant, and every one else that did the same thing as we did, got in the car and to park in the proper parking lot. Then I realized that I had the pass and ran to catch up to Bryant to give it to him so he didn't have to pay the $12 it cost for parking. We got to the Zoo and I renewed our membership then we were walking down to the tree house and I realized that the pass was not in my pocket. I left Kaitlyn with Bryant, screaming because she wanted to go with me to find the pass (something done faster with out a three year old in tow). I wound up having to get another pass, only to find that when I got back I had put it in the back pouch on the stroller. Then we went to get in line for some lunch and after being there for 10 minutes and not moving at all we gave up and got some chips at a snack vendor. After that the day went pretty well, Kaitlyn got to go on a pony ride which made her happy. Kaitlyn crashed in the car on the way home.

On our way home Bryant and I decided to join a local pool, so on Sunday after Church we spent the whole afternoon at the pool and we all had a blast.
On Monday we went to a local parade and then back to the pool for more swimming! This is going to be a fun summer!





2 comments:

Sarah said...

So.. did you forget my "I'm 8 months preggers trick" to park in the handicap lot? We obviously need to spend more time together so my bad influence can rub off.

Anonymous said...

Hey--what pool did you join-we have such a hard time finding any public pools around here! Also, which parade did you go to? We went out of town for a parade, but would like to go to one around here...