Saturday, June 21, 2008

Chester County Hot Air Ballon Festival

Tonight we all went to the Chester County Hot Air Balloon Festival. They had about 7 balloons take off. Kaitlyn was fascinated not only by the balloons but also with the clown that made her a balloon hat (see picture below). One of the balloon companies that participated in the event launches about a mile from our house, weather permitting, every Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights through out the summer. That is one reason that I love living here, because where else are you going to see hot air balloons almost every weekend.


Watching the clown making her hat.


Kaitlyn and her hat.




Dance, dance, dance

The balloons being inflated. The butterfly one we see all the time. The flower one flew over our house when we were eating dinner on Thursday night. We found out today that it was new this year, and I think it is my favorite.


Watching the balloons being inflated.



This Balloon was the first to be flown over the north pole piloted by a woman.


No explanation needed.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like a great time. Is her dress from Kelly's Kids? I love it!

Sarah said...

We saw that clown at a b'day party last week.

We almost went tonight too but, Viv was too tired.

Kelly said...

I love the flower balloon too...but I would never, ever set foot in one. I like to stay on the ground!

Anonymous said...

I too love the look of the flower one but the dog has got to be the one most noticed!! LOL What practical jokes you could play riding in him!! It was great seeing you today and the pink limo ride was the best. The girls loved it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Heidi--I love the balloons, where and when is the Chester County Hot Air Balloon Festival?Next year you will have to get it posted on meetup, or maybe it was and I missed it!?