Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thunderstorm Watch

Tonight we got a good thunderstorm. It was the fist time Kaitlyn was awake and old enough to understand what was going. I am proud to say she has the love of watching thunderstorms that her Mom and Grandpa have. Whenever there was a clap of thunder she would put her hands up to her ears and say "do you hear that, it's thunder". Then she and I were up in the guest room (the best vantage point in the house to watch storms) and we sat on the bed watching the lighting. There were some loud claps of thunder and Kaitlyn didn't even flinch. She even tried to comfort Fenway who was under the coffee table and would say to her "Oh Fenway, its ok don't be scared".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seth watched from our bedroom window upstairs--he loves it and is not scared at all. He said, ooohh, look at that one, ooooh look at that one! The only time he got worried was when we lost power, but thankfully, it was only for a minute or two!

Sarah said...

Poor Penny is scared to death of thunder. I was sitting on the couch during the storm and she jumped up on my lap and almost snuggled her way behind my back.
I kinda felt bad for her.. then she started barking at the thunder and it was back to the doggy bed for her. Oh, Penny!