Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wordless Wednesdays







The color on our Hydrangeas out back were so beautiful I had to share it.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

How did you get them that color blue? I have a friend with a a hydrangea bush and she only had one or two that color and she wants them all that color. Did you do anything special?

Anonymous said...

Great photo. I heard that adding lime to the soil produces the blueish tint. Is that what you did?

Happy WW and welcome to the Philly Bloggers!

Shannon said...

beautiful. i love hydrangeas!

Granny said...

Your Hydrangeas are gorgeous! You can dry them out right in that container----just don't add any water. They can be dust collectors and am not sure how the color will dry. If you have AC, that will help. As you know I do it often at home. The hydrangeas on Nantucket are a beautiful color, too and have been told, it is due to the salty air. Alkaline soil or ?????? Also rusty nails will help with color. Have fun with them and hope this isn't too long!

DembroskyFamily said...

I haven't done anythign with them. They were here when we move her four years ago.