"Mommy!" coming from the other room.
"Come in here" I say.
"It's snowing" says Kaitlyn
Then running in to the room saying "It's snowing and it is snowing on the ground!!!"
I smile and try to burn this moment in to my memory as she crawls on to bed with us.
When we get up I say to her "Show me the snow"
"You have to come in to my room and see it" says Kaitlyn. I go in thinking there is just a dusting and was surprised to see the ground covered in the white stuff.
We get up and get dressed and watch Daddy clean off his car and the Phone rings. It is Kaitlyn's preschool teacher calling to say that they close school. A first in Kaitlyn's life, her first snow day (remind me to put this in her baby book). I have a feeling she might have a few of them this year the local weather persons are saying that we are going to get 25-35 inches of snow this year that is above the average of 19 inches.
Growing up in Vermont I remember the excitement that the first snow brings, so to experience the excitement from the other end makes me look forward to the years ahead and being woken up in the morning due to the first real snowfall of the season. Well I have to get going Kaitlyn and I have a date with her snow boat (Katieisim from last year for sled). Pictures to come.


No comments:
Post a Comment