Thursday, January 29, 2009

What a Couple of Days

It has been a crazy 24 hours. It started last night when I was clearing out a spot for our trash can at the top of our basement stairs (because of the fires near us we wanted to bring in the trash can inside) and brought something down stairs and heard a hissing sound. I look up and see a puddle over by the hot water heater. Knowing something was wrong I had to make a call to Bryant, who was on his way home from work, and ruin his day. I tell him that we have a problem and tell him what it was, and was presently surprised when he did not freak out.
I call a plumber to set up an appointment for today. Bryant gets home and is downstairs trying to mop up the water that keeps leaking. After an hour of this I tell him that it is a loosing battle, and if he is that worried about it then we can call the plumber and have them come out tonight. He agrees and we have a plumber at the house by 8:30. We get the bad news, that we need a new hot water heater. The plumber sends for some help and they have it installed by 11:00.

This morning was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen and my stomach is still turning from it. To give you a little background, I have been hearing a mouse up in the attic so on Monday we got some mice traps and set them. That being said, this morning Kaitlyn and I go to empty the dishwasher (you may see where I am going with this) and we unload the plates and some glasses and I take the silverware basket and put it on the counter and start sorting the silverware. I get through the knives and then I see it a dead mouse lying on top of the forks and spoons (would take a picture but I figured that I would spare your stomach and I don't thing mine could handle it again). I naturally do a double take thinking I can't be seeing what I am seeing but sure enough there is a mouse.
Feeling like my breakfast is going to revisit me I put the basket silverware and all back in the dishwasher so Bryant can deal with it when he gets home, because if I do it there is going to be a bigger mess then what I started with. When he gets rid of the mouse I plan on running the dishwasher again on sterilize, because the thought of using whatever was in there totally grosses me out. Needless to say Kaitlyn and I washed our hands and I hand washed all of the dishes that were taken out.
On a more positive note Kaitlyn and I have had a blast playing in the snow the past two days. With a thin layer of ice the only thing it is good for is sledding, but fun just the same.

No comments: