This past week Kaitlyn and I went up to Vermont to meet our new Nephew/Cousin. We both had a lot of fun but we did miss Bryant. As with every trip back home I make a point to go to my old church. There are so many fond memories and people that consider my second family there, that I look forward to visiting. It was of course Palm Sunday and I can remember what it was like when I was a child and I wanted Kaitlyn to experience it. When we got there and sat down Vicky from the Sunday school came over and asked Kaitlyn if she wanted to participate in the parade around the sanctuary to pass out the palms. Kaitlyn took her hand and joined the rest of the kids. I was very impressed by this, it made me feel like I am still a part of this church even though I am there only a few times a year. It was a very good feeling.
After service they were having an old Vermont tradition, Sugar on Snow. For those of you not familiar with this tradition it happens in the spring when the sap is collected from the trees and boiled down to the maple syrup we all know. When the syrup is hot you pour it over snow. The syrup becomes like toffee and you grab a fork and enjoy. This was Kaitlyn's first experience with it and needless to say she had no room for lunch.
After church Laurie, Xavier, and Baby Alexander came over. It was very exciting.
Kaitlyn holding Baby Alexander for the first time.



Baby Love

Look at that face!

The next day Laurie and I took the kids to
Ben and Jerry's for their factory tour (something I have done,
ohhh about a million times, but the first for the kids). They weren't to interested in the movie in the beginning, the making of the ice cream for about 5 minuets. The thing that they remember the most was the sample at the end (which seems to have gotten bigger since the last time I did the tour).

After the tour we went to Laurie's to spend the night. The kids had fun making pizza with Adam and the pizza came out tasting great!

When bed time came both Kaitlyn and Xavier insisted that they slept in the same bed. When they did get to sleep we got these great pictures. At about midnight I heard a frustrated moan coming from Kaitlyn so she wound up sleeping with me the rest of the night.


On Wednesday we all (including Aunt Susie who also came up to meet the new addition to the family and to see us also) went in to
Echo Lake Aquarium and Science Center. I have never been there and was curios to see what it was like. I was very impressed, it was small but we spent about three hours there. I highly recommend it if you are going to be in the Burlington, VT area. It is defiantly some place we will have to visit again.
Kaitlyn playing in the tide pool with the starfish.

Inside the turtle aquarium.

At the water table

There was an exhibit were you can be a weather reporter and pretend to do the forecast. Kaitlyn chose a snow storm. Here she is standing on a stool in front of the green screen.

Here she is in the middle of the snow storm.

On Thursday it was time for us to leave. We headed to the Condo for the night but on the way we took the Ferry across Lake Champlain. I have to let you know that it was cold and rainy up there and coming from an area that already had daffodils blooming it was amazing that there was a dusting of snow on the ground that morning (how did I do this when I lived up there?). The thing I realize whenever I go up there is how beautiful it is and how much I took it for granted when I lived there. Here is an example of the beauty there. If you look at the picture below you can see a snow covered Mount Mansfield in the distance (it's what looks like bright white clouds just above the trees).

Kaitlyn enjoying the ferry ride.


1 comment:
Looks like you had a great trip.
Alexander is so cute!
Post a Comment