Saturday, May 15, 2010

Kindercone

I have recently learned of a neat tradition in Germany. It is called a Schultute. It is a cone shaped box filled with school supplies and treats that is given to a child on their first day of first grade. Kindercone founded by Vivian Lie, who was raised in Germany, is trying to bring this German tradition to the United States.

I have the opportunity from Kindercone and Momcentral to try out the Kindercone. My plan is to give it to Kaitlyn on her first day of kindergarten. I peeked in the Kindercone when I got it. Enclosed in the cone was a book, stuffed animal and some pencils. There was also room so that I can add more things to it when I want to. I think that here in the US going to Kindergarten is a big deal and it is important to show kids that there education is a big deal and this is on way of getting them excited to learn. I am looking forward to the morning that I give this to Kaitlyn and to see the look on her face. It is going to make the day that much more memorable.

I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of KinderCone and received KinderCone samples to facilitate my review. Mom Central also sent me gift certificate to thank me for taking the time to participate.

No comments: