Today I received my birthday present from Bryant, going skiing. This day was made even more special because it was the first time Kaitlyn learned how to ski. It was a day I have dreamed about since I was a little girl so needless to say I was very excited. I think that Kaitlyn could feel my excitement because yesterday when I was picking her up from school she said to me "Mommy I can't wait to go Skiing tomorrow!"
We drive up to Bear Creek Mountain and Bryant says "See Kaitlyn we will go all the way up to the top and ski down." Kaitlyn looks at the mountain and says in an unsure way "OH". The hesitation didn't last long though. Now from a girl who grew up skiing at Stowe, Smugglers Notch in VT and Loon Mountain in NH this was not a mountain but a hill. The funny thing is that because we had Kaitlyn and I was looking at it from her perspective it looked huge. I know that if it was just Bryant and I the mountain would have been very boring after a while, but it was a perfect mountain for Kaitlyn to learn on.
We get our ticket and Kaitlyn's boots and skies (they were so tiny it was to cute) and then hit the slopes. We start out at the magic carpet (today's rope tow, basically a moving sidewalk). Kaitlyn was very unsure at first but with a little encouragement got a little more comfortable. After two runs on the bunny slope we went in for lunch afterward we tried the chair lift. Kaitlyn loved the chairlift. She did well but was getting frustrated and tired after two more runs. We decided to call it a day because I wanted Kaitlyn to remember it as fun so she would want to do it again.
We drive up to Bear Creek Mountain and Bryant says "See Kaitlyn we will go all the way up to the top and ski down." Kaitlyn looks at the mountain and says in an unsure way "OH". The hesitation didn't last long though. Now from a girl who grew up skiing at Stowe, Smugglers Notch in VT and Loon Mountain in NH this was not a mountain but a hill. The funny thing is that because we had Kaitlyn and I was looking at it from her perspective it looked huge. I know that if it was just Bryant and I the mountain would have been very boring after a while, but it was a perfect mountain for Kaitlyn to learn on.
We get our ticket and Kaitlyn's boots and skies (they were so tiny it was to cute) and then hit the slopes. We start out at the magic carpet (today's rope tow, basically a moving sidewalk). Kaitlyn was very unsure at first but with a little encouragement got a little more comfortable. After two runs on the bunny slope we went in for lunch afterward we tried the chair lift. Kaitlyn loved the chairlift. She did well but was getting frustrated and tired after two more runs. We decided to call it a day because I wanted Kaitlyn to remember it as fun so she would want to do it again.


No comments:
Post a Comment