Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Disney 2009

We got back today from Disney. We all had a blast but were glad to return home. This time there was no trip to the clinic! We went from sunshine and palm trees to rain and cold. I guess we can't complain it has been raining here since we left and we had great weather at Disney. Some of our favorites were the Snow White ride (I think we went on it 4 times), The Lion King show at Animal Kingdom, and watching the fireworks from the Polynesian during dinner. So here are some of the memorable pictures that we took in Disney.
Kaitlyn playing games with Daddy on the Magical Express to Pop Century.

We arrived at our hotel at about 1 so we had the whole afternoon to enjoy the resort. The first thing we did was hit the Hippy Dippy pool.


Kaitlyn swimming without help (don't worry Bryant helped her out at the end).




First full day at the park (we went to Magic Kingdom the night before for a few hours). I took this waiting for the bus to the Magic Kingdom. I love it because you can see the excitement in her eyes.

Being silly with Daddy on the bus.

Kaitlyn was brave and did Splash Mountain and loved it. This picture was taken after her first ride (we went again later in the week).

Kaitlyn at the Hippy Dippy pool, we spent more time here then we did last year.





Dinner at the Polynesian.




The fireworks from the Polynesian. There was a breeze, so the fireworks were to the left of the castle it is the faint blue light to the right of the fireworks.




This is one of those then and now pictures. Here is Kaitlyn at Epcot in 2008.

Here is Kaitlyn this year.

Kaitlyn with her favorite Princess, Ariel.

Face painting at Hollywood Studios.

I snapped this one while we were waiting for lunch with Playhouse Disney. Kaitlyn was entertaining herself by dancing. I love this shot.

One night we put Kaitlyn the the Neverland Club. It is a child care/babysitting service at Disney. Bryant and I went to Downtown Disney for dinner and she had a blast at the Club. The first thing she said when she came out was "Mommy can I go back in now?" This is a picture of her at the Kids entrance in to the club. It is Wendy Darling's window. It is a great place and I think we will do it again.

Swimming at night.

Kaitlyn after her trip to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique. She used her allowance that she had saved to help pay for her Ariel dress.

At the dinner in Cinderella's Castle.

Whenever we go out and Kaitlyn gets her dessert Bryant plays a game with her by pretending to take her ice cream. I have never been able to catch it on film till now. All I am going to say is if looks could kill!!



Main Street USA at night.

Waiting for the Spetromagic parade

On Monday Bryant was not feeling that well (something he ate) so Kaitlyn and I had a girls afternoon and went to the Magic Kingdom by ourselves and Bryant joined us later for dinner.

Kaitlyn with her "My Disney Girl Doll" that Ariel had dropped off earlier that day as a thank you for visiting.

The Swiss Family Robinson house.



Kaitlyn on Monday night the only night she fell asleep on the bus on the way back to the resort. She slept for 12 hours that night.

2 comments:

Erika said...

LOVE the pics, we are excited to go to Disney, but not quite yet. I think we're aiming for 2011, when they are 5 1/2 and 3 1/2. So glad you had a great trip. Katilyn is gorgeous!

Nancy said...

OMG - your pix are sooo cute! We missed you guys about a week! It would have been so funny if we had seen you guys there! Awesome pix! Kaitlyn is beautiful!