This past weekend we made a trip down to DC to visit Bryant's best friend John. It was a beautiful weekend something that was kind of iffy the beginning of the week. The drive down was easy no traffic but when we got to DC we saw Marine One landing. We assumed that it was returning to it's base after dropping the President off at the White House. John later told us that Obama Got back From Geneva a about a half and hour before we saw Marine One so it could have conceivably been coming back from dropping him off.
Saturday we Spent in DC and like I said we couldn't have planned for better weather. Bright blue skies and temperatures in the upper 70's. We went to the Smithsonian's Museum of Natural History and the U.S. History Museum. It was so much fun watching Kaitlyn take in all of the things. When I ask her what her favorite part was no surprise it was the Princess jewels (the hope diamond being her favorite) and the First ladies dresses (She floored me when she explained to me what a train on a dress was) the surprise one though was the Orioles Game that we went to on Sunday.
My favorite part was seeing her reaction to seeing all of those things, but also her reaction we went to the dinosaur exhibit. I explained it to her in the terms of the Movie the Land Before Time. The Brontosaurus being Little Foot's Mommy, the triceratops being Sarah's Daddy, and the T-rex being sharp tooth. After going though it we asked her what she wanted to next but we didn't get a response because she was staring at the dinosaurs, looking from one dinosaur to the other. You could just see her tyring to figure it all out, realizing that the world is a lot bigger then what she thought it was. It was a very precious memory for me and I will cherish it always.
Laura, John, Kaitlyn, and Bryant on the mall
Captain John and First mate Kaitlyn
We can never get away from Disney even in the Smithsonian
Kaitlyn told me I had to get a picture of Dorthy's ruby slippers.
John tickling Kaitlyn
Got ya!!
I love the next two shots!
Reach for the sky!
We ended the day at the Orioles game. With tickets going for a dollar you can't beat it!!


1 comment:
Oh my God! I love that shirt!
It is adorable :)
Great shots!
Post a Comment