Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

Here are the 13 things I love about summer:

1. Playing in the sand with Kaitlyn.
2. Fire flies
3. It stays light until 8:30
4. Watermelon
5. Waking up to the sound of children playing outside.
6. Thunderstorms (especially ones at my parents house, watching them come over the mountain and the thunder echoing off the Mountains).
7. Trips home to VT
8 Fireworks
9. Socializing with neighbors in the evenings.
10. BBQ (or sitting outside and eating dinner).
11. Picnic lunches with Kaitlyn
12. Going to the pool.
13. Going to the playground with Kaitlyn.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I did this too. Here are my answers.

My 13 favorite things about summer are:
1. Going swimming ( the first brisk feeling as you dive in the Pool/lake)
2. Smell of fresh cut grass
3. Sweet honeysuckle
4. Bare feet running in the morning dew
5. BBQ with friends
6. Hearing the laughter of neighbor hood kids late into the night
8. The munchkins bounding out of bed with thoughts of the great adventure they will have today.
9.The evening chill when at the beach. I just love to get cozy.
10. Corn on the cob
11. picking fresh fruit and veggies with the kids
12. Watching the clouds go by
13. And I love a summer rain. Sunny and warm with the rain coming down. It just makes the world feel fresh and new.