Friday, May 22, 2009

My New Toy

For Mother's day this year I got a sewing machine. I know what you are thinking "why would your husband give you a sewing machine?" Well I love to sew, I find it very relaxing (I won't compare it to a spa but some what like that for me).
I was so excited that Bryant gave me the credit card to go to Joanne's to get a pattern and fabric. I spent Mother's day afternoon at Joeann's with Kaitlyn looking through pattern books and fabric. I walked out with two patterns and three different fabrics to make dresses for Kaitlyn. It took me a week to get them all done and the house was in shambles but look at the fished product! I am very proud of myself and I am thinking of making them and selling them. What do you think?






3 comments:

Val said...

Gorgeous! I love them. And dresses that fit are so hard to find. Especially without straps that constantly fall down.

I say, go for it!

Laurie, Adam and Xavier said...

Adorable pictures! You have a talent the dresses are so adorable too!

Erika said...

SELL THEM! You have a real talent and skill and I know people love handmade and unique items. You could take orders or even make a bunch and go to craft shows! WOW!